Tried And Tested: Vichy’s New Aera Mineral BB Cream
I’m such a sucker for Vichy products..especially when they give out samples for testing 😉
Today’s lucky sample is…The Aera Mineral BB cream.
I actually haven’t used a BB cream before but I heard a lot of buzz about how it’s the perfect combination of moisturizer, foundation, concealer etc.
Must be good since Vichy jumped on the bandwagon to give it a try as well..making it in mineral form and gentle enough of sensitive blemish-prone skin *perk*
The Good Stuff
- It’s light
- Feels powdery once applied
- Good as a make up base
- Average coverage – good to use as a quick-fix when going somewhere nearby
- Sensitive-skin isn’t irritated
- Blemished-prone skin isn’t irritated
The Bad Stuff
- Not suitable for tanned individuals (1 shade only)
I look like one ghost man..why must they only have 1 shade?! They said it would blend into your natural skin tone but I dont think so.
- Average coverage – yes average coverage is good and bad for me. I still need to apply powder to set it in
- Didn’t perform the role of concealer very well, spots can still be seen
I dont know man..I, personally, don’t think this product is catered to everyone.
If you’re fair-medium skin tone with normal- sensitive skin, you can use it. However, if you do have scars and blemishes, be prepared to apply more concealer and powder.
After using it from today morning-late afternoon, I still look a bit pale. I wouldn’t recommend tanned individuals to use it on its own.
You will look pale as it doesn’t blend out much to match your skin tone. Use it as a make-up base instead.