American Idol: Promotes Family Gatherings
Singaporeans, I am sure all of you can identify yourself with being in a family TOO BUSY to come together for the usual sit-down family dinners, outings apart from holidays etc.
We’re just TOO BUSY.
On an average day, you hit the office at 9am and can usually end at home by 8pm because YOU do not need but WANT to STAY IN THE OFFICE to clear your workload. Am I correct?! Most of the time, it can wait until tomorrow but being Singaporean, you MUST clear it TODAY.
For me, I have a full-time job in the media industry BUT I also have part-time night school 3 times a week. So most of the time, I am barely home cos school it’s on the other side of the country and I can reach home by midnight and hit work at 9am the next day.
The only thing that truly makes my family come home and do anything together is to watch American Idol. Yes, we get American Idol here in Singapore, we have cable tv and it even shows on the free-to-air channels.
I will CAB HOME sometimes just to watch it so I can “FACE-OFF” with my family. We’re all hooked on it. I thought mine was the only one but a few other friends said the same thing too..
Doesn’t help that this year the female singers are damn bloody good soo all the more you come home to watch it.
Anto’s Family – American Idol Judge Favourites
Anto: My favourite for Season 9 is Siobahn Magnus!!
1. She sings unbelievably well (only pitchy at a few parts when she hits the high notes)…you MUST watch her version of Paint It Black
2. I just love the drama in all her performances. I actually anticipate her performance
3. She’s super quirky with the boots and formal dress and looks prettty good in Mohawk
Mom: Her favourite is Lacey Brown
1. Her singing style is like Zoe Deschanel to me from She & Him. If you’re wondering why her name sounds familiar, she acted as the lead female in the movies – Yes Man and 500 Days of Summer.
2. She’s got AMAZING eyes! Who has eyes like that…they look like glass!! I tell you if I had eyes like hers…OMG! Eyeshadow palette HEAVEN. Hahahahahaha!
The one we both cannot stand is the Jonas Brothers dude..Tim Urban.
Same songs, same style, can only go as far as Disney channel if he makes it..I am sorry, I am sure he’s a nice dude but he shouldnt be in this show for so long compared to the other contestants. He’s only in it this long cos he looks good and all the tweenies are supporting him.
Lily Scott got kicked out before him for god’s sake! VERY APPALLING!
So as you can see, 2 clear favourites, 2 very different singing styles and we’re always doing a face-off at home on who’s gonna make it through the next round’. Sadly, Lacey is gone already so I won the face-off 🙂
You NEED to have some family time guys..even if it’s for an hour watching TV and shouting at the top of your lungs when Simon disses your favourite.
It makes a world of difference than living together but you feel distant from not seeing each other all day.
Try it 🙂